Sunday, November 04, 2007

Greetings from Rehoboth Beach

I took part in a great rally in favor of wind power yesterday. The gathering of about 100 hardy souls stood firm in the face of a stiff wind from the NNE at about 20 to 30 miles per hour. I'm told the organizers collected several hundred signature on letters and petitions. I should offer special thanks to Marc Weiss and Nancy Sednak-Weiss for pulling this together in a few days.
Maria Evans of WGMD wrote it up on the station's blog, even providing the names and e-mails of the heads of the four state agencies who will decide whether the negotiations will continue.
It was great to be able to meet with Sussex County's cadre of environmental leaders. I'll have more to say about the weekend when I get home and can catch my breath.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tom -- Maria and I gave you a big-time shout out on her show this morning (6-7am) as being THE authority on wind power in DE.

No thanks necessary! ;-)

8:58 AM, November 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tom, can you make it over to the Bear Library tomorrow night? The 7 & 40 Alliance is hosting both BWW and DP&L for debate and the public can weigh in.

3:57 PM, November 04, 2007  
Blogger Tom Noyes said...

Even so, thanks Hube. I finally met Maria in person on Saturday and spoke with her father in law, Tom Evans, who chairs the Florida Coalition for Preservation (www.preservationfla.org).

Nancy, I am not sure if I will be there tonight, but I will let you know.

9:11 AM, November 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, I believe, he is Tom Evans the former DE US Representative, right?

3:42 PM, November 05, 2007  
Blogger Nancy Willing said...

Yes Hube, that's right.

4:12 PM, November 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home