Saturday, February 23, 2008

Three Years of TommyWonk

I started TommyWonk three years ago with this post about a clever conceptual art parody:
Not that anyone was paying attention then. Since then my readership has grown from negligible to modest proportions. Even so, I appreciate the time and thought you give to my little blog.
My comment from a year ago still holds true:

For me, TommyWonk is a success if I manage to offer interesting, informative, relevant, well-considered and well-written postings that draw an appreciative readership. If I can shape the political discourse in some small way, that would be wonderful. Whether you agree with me or not, I hope that you come away from my blog with a little more clarity of thought on issues that matter.
Thanks for reading, and keep coming back.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on turning 3, Tom!

3:00 PM, February 23, 2008  
Blogger a most peculiar nature said...

Well, I believe you have succeeded in your mission statement. Tommywonk is on my must-read list, every day.

Sometimes I have to come back and re-read, as you're just a little too smart for me. You're a "finance geek", I'm a "data geek". It's amazing how the two are so different.

Keep on keepin' on, bro.

8:55 AM, February 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you going to be voting for, and why?
Are you concerned about Ralph Nader entering the race?
I googled 'eat your vegetables' and found your site, but you have intelligent insights and well-researched statements, so I'm just wondering. You seem pro-Obama, but I know of a few narrow-minded people who agree Obama could be an amazing president, but will still blindly vote Republican because party loyalty is too important to them. Yes, these people are 50+, and yes, their blind devotion to the Republican party really sucks.

3:55 PM, February 26, 2008  
Blogger Tom Noyes said...

Hi wallflower. Thanks for stopping by.

To be clear, I'm a lifelong Democrat and support Barack Obama, about whom I will have more to say in the coming weeks and months.

4:02 PM, February 26, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonk this Tommyboy. And stop having your family and friends post singing your praises

4:20 PM, February 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home