Sunday, March 23, 2008

Home Again

I'm back from a long weekend camping at Cape Henlopen State Park.
The wind was cold and strong from the NNW on Thursday and Friday. There were almost as many dogs as kites at the 40th Annual Kite Festival on Friday. A baby seal was stranded on the beach this weekend while would be rescuers waited to see if he or she would head back to open waters on his or her own. We got sleet mixed with rain Saturday evening. I don't know how many birds were making one hell of a racket early this morning. Kids went chasing after Easter Eggs following the family service at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Lewes.
I hope I didn't miss anything important.

2 Comments:

Blogger a most peculiar nature said...

When I first read this, I couldn't believe it. We were thinking about doing the same thing that weekend ! But we wimped out with the weather.

6:15 PM, March 25, 2008  
Blogger Tom Noyes said...

It was cold. I have a well vented three season tent, forgetting that March can be a season unto itself. The wind blew right through the tent from the north. After one night, we ran to a hardware store to buy a tarp to cover the tent and block the wind.

We had a great time.

6:34 PM, March 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home